Monday, November 19, 2007

short week!!

so being that it is thanksgiving this week, it's going to be a short work week.... which i'm kind of excited about. i'm not sure if the excitement is really because i only have to work 3 days, or if it's because i am really ridicoulously tired right now and want to sleep. who knows, but anyway yipee for thanksgiving.

as i mentioned in my last blog the Wake County Library Booksale was this weekend, and on-my-goodness!!!! it was so amazing. i spent close to 2 hours there and could have probably spent more time, but my box was getting heavy. If wherever i move to doesn't have a Library booksale, maybe i'll just have to fly back every year for the Wake county one!! I really got some good stuff. I got "Atonement" and another one by the same author called "Saturday" ... "me talk pretty one day"... "white oleander"... 4 or 5 by Jodi Picoult... and a bunch of others that i'm not remembering right now. but it was great.

one other note about this weekend.... i made some soup. and oh man it was good! i'll call it creamy crab and vegetable soup. It had crab (obviously), celery, onion, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and yucca. Marco introduced me to Yucca, it's kind of like a potato, except a little more firm when cooked, and its got some sweetness to it. anyway i'm really excited for lunch today cause i get leftover soup.... Mmmm Mmmm Good!

2 comments:

Rach said...

oh my gosh, im already in love with the soup and i dont get to try it. I have a recipe you would probably love, its a shrimp chowder and instead of all the heavy creams you use coconut milk....oh its devine, we cant have it too much, for some reason it does a number with chads digestive system...but i think i am due for a new batch...

oh and the book sale, thats soooo fun!im jealous, if you need ideas for christmas presents for me (cause you guys have us right?) then books would be a good answer. and im pretty sure we like the same stuff so i totally trust your judgment. by they way did you finish all teh 'twilight' books? cause you need to, book 3 is amazing.

kelley said...

I got "Atonement" too! I went on Saturday and spent $7.50 on 7 books. It was truly an amazing experience. I had great luck too the books. Although to truly make a killing I should have wanted to buy 30 copies of "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood" b/c that would definitely have been possible.