Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cheesecake Factory

Last night Marco and I met some friends (Jen & Leo and Kaila & Conner) at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was so much fun! We had tons of laughs and some really good food. Marco had the sweet corn tamale cakes, and i had crispy chicken coronatta or something like that. It was really good. Thin slices of chicken pan fried served with asparagus, mashed potatoes, and a lemon sauce... Mmmmm. Kaila got the biggest burrito I've EVER seen. It was probably a foot long, and maybe 3 inches in diameter.... i think we all stared when her meal got to the table.
While we were waiting to be seated this nice old lady sat next to me and she was a hoot. She was talking about this restaurant she went to up in NYC (she goes there a couple times a year cause she still has family there) and while they were waiting to be seated some random guy put on a floor show for them. She also talked about other restaurants she'd been too where they serve drinks to you while you wait.... she said that was great, unless you got people who didn't know how to control themselves, and then it got a little rambunctious.
But i think the funniest thing she talked about was this one restaurant that had outdoor seating (we had been talking about the weather and how it's been getting chilly) and the waitresses had uniforms that they had to wear (from the sounds of what she was saying it seemed like they were hooter-esque uniforms... short shorts, and small shirts). She said that she felt sorry for them cause it was so cold, and you could really tell that these girls were cold if you looked closely (referring to their chests). It surprised me so much that this sweet little lady would say that... I laughed and laughed.
I'm going to miss them (Jen & Leo and Kaila & Conner) when we head out to Washington.... there will be so many things that I will miss about NC. Mostly the people.... then there's the shopping, which there is definitely not a lot of in Whatcom County!! But I'll learn to deal with it. There will be other things that I miss too... but my list will probably consist of things i took for granted while i was here.... it always seems to go that way. But all in all I'm excited about the move..... for which we are totally not packed for!! i guess I'll be starting that tonight!!

No comments: