Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ode to Opa

My Opa passed away in April of this year... cancer is absolutely no fun. On Saturday we get the joy (sense the sarcasm) of taking apart his estate and dividing it among relatives. I went with my Dad to my Opa's place today to sticky-note stuff that had been mentioned in the will. I was down in the basement killing spiders (cause i know i have to go back down there on Saturday and i really don't like spiders and cobwebs all up in my face) and I saw this book on one of the bookshelves there.... it made me laugh so i had to take a pic and share with you all. It totally represents my Opa!

3 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

I wonder if he bought that or was given it for a present! I remember the book he has about life in Europe in...maybe the 1200's...included torture etc...wow. Chicken Poop...so Opa! I can hear him laughing, loudly.

Kristen said...

That is hilarious! I wonder what kind of stories are in there!

Meredith said...

I didn't go so far as to read the book... but i did read the back cover and i believe it mentioned romance.... from the stalker's point of view.