Friday, January 29, 2010

precious moments

I read this post by Natalie this morning.

It's about her son, and how sometimes she wishes she could go back to just over a month ago and tell her former self to make the most of the little time that she'd have left with him.

Sometimes I find that I freak myself out with all of the horrible possibilities in the world. All of the things that could go wrong.

And knowing that you can't go back and shake some sense into your former self makes me want to be more resolute to make the most of every moment.

I'm going to try to enjoy more the things that might not be so enjoyable. I'm going to try to play more and worry less. Find the joy in the tedious tasks. Laugh with my family. Teach my daughter all that I can. Love my husband all that I can. Be a better daughter & sister. Try to pay more attention to the things that REALLY matter in life.

No comments: