Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Golden Birthday to ME!!

Today is my golden birthday. I turned... ahem.. 28 on the 28th.

It started off wonderfully. I slept until I woke up. Maria must have gotten the memo.

Then my wonderful family made me breakfast and my dear sweet mother concocted these:

Photobucket

mini crepe sliders. they were delish!!

We went to church... came home and Maria had a LONG nap.... so long that I actually went and woke her up. She was in a really cuddly mood after her nap so she snuggled up to Bapa for a little while...

Photobucket

We watched Hockey - Canada vs. USA - the olympic gold metal game. (SPOILER) Just in case you didn't know, Canada beat the USA in overtime... it was a pretty intense game.

Then we had a wonderful dinner of asian flank steak, baked potatoes, and green beans.... with some mushrooms neptune on the side.

And my mom and sister decorated this cake for me:

Photobucket

Since I've been doing so much sewing lately my mom did a quilt cake!! So fun, and yummy too.

Things I'd like to remember about today:

- I'm OK with turning 28... not totally excited, but OK.
-Maria did her first solo somersault today (SO exciting!!)
-I'm reaching the point where I wouldn't mind it if this baby was no longer pummeling my insides.
-My family is the sweetest.
-I miss Marco (even though we talked half a dozen times today)... hopefully less than a month and he'll be back home.

4 comments:

Tif said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Sounds like you had a good day-those crepes look delicious-I think you should post your mum's crepe recipe so I can copy! Yay for somersaults! I don't think I've ever seen my girls do one....hmmm....maybe I should teach them. Yeah, maybe not. What a cute cake-and yay for lots of sewing!

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday Meredith!!! Love that quilt cake-so creative!

Corinna said...

Happy Belated Golden Birthday Meredith. I am glad it turned out to be a fun special day with your family.

Laura said...

Ooh, yummm crepes and yummm cake... ah, wish I could celebrar with you. Maybe in May? Will you be there? I am coming up for the temple dedication.

And I love you. I'm so glad you were born.