Saturday, March 6, 2010

spring

it was a beautiful day today... hopefully spring is in full swing.
which normally means lots of rain... but today it didn't rain even one iota.

not a cloud in the sky.

i washed the car
and vacuumed it
and rain-x ed the windows
and checked the oil level
and made the tires shiny
and checked the air filter...

which are all HUGE things for me since I'm not really inclined to "maintain" my car.

and i did it all while maria took a super long nap.

then we went to birch bay, where we discovered that the state park is pretty much closed- a LOT of road construction or something going on there....

so we headed down the bay further
parked at one of the beach access' and went for a bike ride.
Maria was so excited to get into the Bobike.

That was my first bike ride of the season (not counting up and down the driveway) and it will probably be my last... at least of this season. Being 35 weeks pregnant with a toddler (who just over halfway was saying "all done") didn't exactly make for a *fun* bike ride.

But it sure was the perfect day for it!!

2 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

Wow, you did all my favorite things!!!!

Laura said...

Wow what a productive day! I'm glad you mentioned rain-x because I have been meaning to get some of that... gracias por haberme acordade del nombre... And do you seriously have a Bobike? That rules. I envy. I mean, admire.