Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Music Finds

There was an article that i read today about some of the top musicians to come from Canada.... and me being Canadian, it peaked my interest. I wrote down some of the names to check them out and I think that there are a few (unknown to me) potential winners. (There were also a few known winners... Sarah McLauglin, Diana Krall..... and a couple others (Feist).) The three that I chose are all kind of folk-ish music. Sarah Harmen... I'd like to listen to more of her music, I'm not sure I'm sold on it, but I need to listen to it more to form a more decisive opinion. The Be Good Tanyas are pretty cool... funky folk. But i have to say that my favorite is The Wailin' Jenny's the vocals are so pure. there were a couple of acapella parts/pieces where the voices just shone thru. "The Parting Glass" and "One Voice" were really great. so if you've got some time to spare, check em out... 30 second samples are on itunes.

No comments: