Friday, February 29, 2008

Birthday Surprises!!

Happy Birthday to ME!! So, yesterday was my birthday... (two more years until my golden birthday) It was an OK day... they guys poured concrete yesterday so they were busy ALL day... they started at 6:30... which was kind of a downer, no breakfast in bed for me (but it's OK I'm over it). Mom had a Relay for Life meeting (and then picked up a fabulous Cold stone Cake) last night so she didn't get home 'till late, and then there was the concrete thing which took forever so they didn't get home 'till late too! So, I made roast chicken (which ps. is like the easiest thing EVER) for the B-Day dinner and then we did the whole 26 candles on the cake thing... Marco got me one of those chair massager thingies (which is totally going to be my best friend!!) BUT...the best birthday gift i got was when Marco and I went to the doctor (which is unusual because I'm really NOT a fan of doctors... no offense to any doctors out there) a HEARTBEAT! Not mine, but the little LIME sized "it" growing inside of me! We're PREGNANT!! Here's a preview of "it"... it's got a head and legs and feet and arms and all sorts of stuff.... We even heard the heart beat... bu-bump! the doctor lady kept asking me questions as she's doing the ultrasound and i couldn't answer ANY of them... i was just way too involved in what was happening on that little monitor.... cause seriously... WOW! We've "known" for a while, but there is NOTHING like actually seeing it! The Doc tried looking for the sex, but it's still a little early (only 12 weeks), so maybe we'll know next month. Nothing to interesting to note of so far... a LOT of nausea, but no vomiting. Everything is going smoothly so far! We'll keep you posted as we go.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! Happy Birthday, and Congregations!! Now that's what I call a birthday present! There is nothing better than hearing and seeing your baby for the first time! That's so exciting. We're happy for you guys! Take care!!

Jen, Leo, Nathan & Benny said...

Um what?! Seriously?! Holy cow and congratulations! So I guess you owe some money now on some bets right? I knew you would be first!

I'm so happy you are with your family for this.

Wow!

I'm gonna have to call you. Like right now.

Congrats!

Erika and Jason said...

I can't believe that you are pregnant! I am so excited for you. You are going to be the best mom! I wish that I was in your shoes, but not yet. Enjoy it all.

Tif said...

Ack...Mairs! First...I'm such a sucky friend...I forgot to call you on your birthday!

And SECOND...Oh my gosh! I'm so so so excited for you and Marco! Wow. So that puts you in...September? Congrats!

Kristen said...

Congrats Meredith!! That is so great! You will have so much fun being a mom. Good luck with the pregnancy, hopefully the nausea will end soon! (I hate that part.) It's amazing how much more real it is when you see the little one inside you. What fun!

Laura said...

Ahhhhhh FELICIDADES FELICIDADES FELICIDADES!!! Casi no lo puedo creer! Ya vas a ser mamá! Oh my goodness. I'm so so happy for you. I wish you health. And Happy Birthday--wish I could've talked to you on your day! But I'll be there this weekend. Sweet!

Lydia said...

Congratulations Meredith!!! And Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day :o)

The Tulett Family said...

Yay! That's such happy news. Congratulations!!! Love, Andrea, Jeff and Audrey

Tif said...

I'll take 90%! I can't wait to see you, either! And we'll be up there 2 weeks later for Scotty's baby's blessing! Yay for you being back on the left coast!!!!

Tif said...

Ha! You and John should NOT give directions! He's always saying left, and when I turn he's all "Why are you going this way?" He's so horrid with right and left!

Heather O said...

Hey, that is so awesome!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear what 'it' will be!

Rach said...

Meres, you gotta check out this link, it is a baby timer. i thought you might like it, Chad

Rach said...

http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/baby-ticker

heres the link

em said...

Yay, congrats!