Tuesday, February 12, 2008

a moment to breathe

things have been pretty hectic since we got here... i've been looking for a few minutes to update the blog, and it's been pretty hard. i'm working from home now, which has both good and not-so-good aspects, but leaning more toward good. i don't have to shower before i start work (which i generally do, to the dismay of my father) i can leave the "office" and go swimming in the middle of the day. i get the best kinds of visitors (family) , and if i have a deadline i can stay up until all hours of the night and then walk 20 feet and fall into bed.
i'm trying to think of the things that aren't so good.... and it's a little more difficult. the fact that the people i'm working with are on the east coast and start work at 5 my time and get off at 2:30, well that's not my favorite thing. i don't even mind the rain so much. but i have to admit that i do wear my slippers often.

but other than work.... things are great here. its wonderful to be with the family so much... it's great to be able to play with my neice and nephew... see my brother and his wife every day.... see my sister a couple times a week. my parents built a smaller place (aka home... 2br 2ba 900sf place) joking that it's so that the kids, now that they're grown, won't be back to stay too long.... but that's not how it's happening, it just makes for closer living quarters, so far we fit 8 people....

i'm looking forward to valentines day and my birthday (both this month!!) and i'm looking forward to seeing chad, rach, and baby lil's again in march (yay for baby blessings!!) i'm looking forward to taking this afternoon off to run errands (pvc pipe, and post-it notes.... and maybe, just maybe, i'll stop by the bagelry and pick up a dozen bagels)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that things are getting settled in. I bet working from home is wonderful! I would love to work from home, but so far it's just call centers that offer that, and I will never work for another call center ever again! Isn't family wonderful! I miss being close to family, but it's all good for now. Have fun and take care!!

Lydia said...

Sounds like you're doing great! :) It's so nice to be around family. So TJ & Stephanie are living over here too?! How fun!

Jen, Leo, Nathan & Benny said...

Tooty - I miss you! I too work from home now and the slippers are indeed worn in! I love looking at your blog and it's awesome you got home just in time to see the new baby! That went fast - I remember when you first told me you were a expecting a new neice or nephew! I am thinking about you and hope you don't get too busy to think about us once in a while too. . . .

Laura said...

Man you're back in WA! Oh I'm so jealous you're close to fam and the little kiddos. And I'm SO glad you found my blog! I love love love that. And I'm coming home...so... will I see you??? March 7-10 Jason and I will be there!