Sunday, May 18, 2008

a beautiful saturday

so i can't believe it.... i haven't seen the rain since Wednesday, and it's Sunday. Another beautiful day here. the sun is shining and it's already in the 70's!! (but it's supposed to rain tomorrow... ug!) but we got to enjoy the sun while it was here. Yesterday Marco and I spent the day together, it was so great. Just the two of us. We headed out to Birch Bay in the morning for a nice leisurely bike ride... we did almost the same thing as we did last week. We rode for about an hour and then once we were back at the car we layed some towels out on some vacant picnic tables and relaxed a while. Then we headed back to the house, washed some cars, had some lunch, and relaxed some more. we suntanned out on the back porch and went in the hot tub (which we cooled down considerably). by this time i noticed that i was a little redder than i would have liked. i could feel my skin, which isn't ever a good sign. (marco on the other hand is a lovely shade of tan) So we hung out indoors for a while. we watched Ninja Warrior, which is the funnest ever! then we headed down to Bob's Burger and Brew for some tasty fish and chips!! It was just one of those days that you have to love. I just love spending time with Marco. He's so great and makes me laugh so hard. I'm so glad he's my husband!!

5 comments:

Rach said...

dont you love days like that? those are the days to remember during hard times.

Erika and Jason said...

Wow I wish that would would have some 70 degree weather. One day this last week it was already 90 degrees. Sounds like you would had a good time.

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

glad you had a good day! Hoping to have some of them with you soon.

Tif said...

Sounds like an awesome day! We've been having 90+ weather and it just doesn't make me want to load the girls up and take them on a bike ride!

Kristen said...

What a fun day! :) I have you all beat with a blazing 108 degrees today!! :) I LOVE those rare days when Mark and I can spend the entire day together - they are the days when I feel like I have fallen in love with him all over again! :) They are the best! I hope your pregnancy is going well!