Monday, September 29, 2008

something that makes me smile.

There is a man who lives down the road from us. His grass is beautiful. I think it must be a special kind of grass... like the grass they use on the green at golf courses, and very much unlike the "grass" that we cut here at the house. There are two things about this man that make me smile... first is his beautiful grass, (which makes me think that he is a frequent grass cutter, and by the looks of his grass cutting methodology I think he probably he an appreciation for the finer things in the theory of cutting grass) and second he's always there, riding his John Deere with a stogie hanging out of his mouth. I don't know why the stogie makes me smile, maybe it is the dependability of it all... if he is going to be cutting his grass he is going to be smokin' his stogie. There it is... the man on the corner who smokes a stogie while cutting his grass makes me smile.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I miss you! Bless you for appreciating little things.