Thursday, August 6, 2009

Downy: Take One

After we got done at the temple, we packed up and headed down to Downy, Idaho. It's a small podunk town a few miles from the Idaho/Utah border.

Photobucket

There isn't a lot there, but we do have some friends that relocated there a while ago. Their daughter was getting married and my dad and hubby went down a week earlier than we girls to help them put a water feature in the back yard. I think that this got bigger and bigger as it went. Here it is about halfway thru:

Photobucket

There is a waterfall, which is not in the picture, and then it goes down one level (which is what you see at the bottom of the picture) where the bog/swamp thingy will be, and then down into the pond where there will be a bunch of fish. I didn't take any pictures as it went further along, but I think that once we leave Arizona we'll head back up that way, pick up Maria's swim suit, and snap a few pictures.

It was really hot when we were there... in the 100's most days. One day it did cool off though and there was this cool dark cloud:

Photobucket

One day they took us up the hill to where they keep the cows.

Photobucket

It was beautiful there. You can see the whole valley. We drove thru all these bushes and I was amazed at the smell... I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but it was a strong herby smell.... then it dawned on us. Sagebrush:

Photobucket

It's amazing how potent the smell was.

While we were up there we looked for arrowheads, picked flowers, & took in the view. Marco even caught a little dragonfly:

Photobucket

I love this picture I got of my dad and Maria:

Photobucket

When we were getting ready to leave Marco pulled his bike off the back of the Hummer and took off down the hill.... He beat us home by a good 10 minutes!!

Photobucket

Once we got back from the ranch there was a little downtime. These guys are such hard workers.... they just go and go and go, and once they sit down this is what happens:

Photobucket

There was a lot that happened in Downy... I saw friends that I hadn't seen in a while, visited the local grocery store and took Maria for swimming lessons.... more on that & pictures later!

No comments: