Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Apple Pressing

October 10th we pressed apples. The Wednesday before we went out to different trees in the neighborhood and picked apples. The back of my dad's truck was FULL.

I'm not sure what Marco was doing here, but most of the time he filled up the apples and dumped the tractor when the bucket was full of apple mush.

Photobucket

Dave was such a trooper and rinsed off the apples. His hands must have been freezing!!

Photobucket

Jack, Karen, & my dad manned the press most of the time. The press was pretty amazing... our neighbor Steve made it... we were totally impressed.

Photobucket

Then the apples were strained and we put them into gallon containers. I got a turn while my mom was watching Maria.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Marianne said...

CONGRATS! That is so exciting for you and Marco! I guess I need to be checking up on your blog a little more often :) Hope the sickies go away before too long, though!