Monday, October 19, 2009

September Twenty-First

was over a month ago. That was the last time I blogged.... it's been a while. Lots has happened, so brace yourself for lots of words.... I'll try to bold the more important things.

We have new baby chicks. We "borrowed" a rooster and he did his job. We started off with 16, but now only have 12. They're getting so big already. This picture is from when they were newborns. They've started getting real feathers. The teenage hens that we got in the spring have started laying eggs... mini white ones. The rest of the adults are on a little hiatus though... they've decided to molt.

I went down to Seattle with my mom, sister, cousin, and two aunts and we saw WICKED... we had such a fun time. We headed down in the morning and did a session at the Seattle Temple. We were going to do some shopping, but ended up not having much time. We won the "lottery" and got an extra ticket (we were one short) so that was a relief not to have to pay a scalper. We checked out the H&M, had dinner at Cheese Cake Factory and saw the play.... it was SO good. I want to go again... and have closer seats.

I cut bangs.

I started swimming at the YMCA (but have since stopped.... I'm going to try to start up again hopefully soon) Swimming there is so great because it's not really busy. And during lap time they'll let us (Mom, Dad, Marco & I) bring Maria in to hang out in the water, that way we can all get some pool time in and not have to worry about what the baby's up to. I was working on my freestyle stroke and getting pretty good.... my cousin Dawn came down and gave us a swimming lesson which was super-duper helpful. That breathing thing is so much easier now.

Lily came to visit for a week. Maria and Lil's had SO much fun together. Lily taught Maria how to climb, eat fruit snacks, take only one nap a day and Maria taught Lily how to growl, crawl, drink out of a bottle. Lily pushed, Maria bit. We went for bike rides, watched "Cars", visited the chickens, pushed strollers, picked apples.... had all sorts of fun.

We picked and pressed a truckload of apples. We gathered apples from a few different trees from around the neighborhood and filled the back of my dad's pick-up FULL. Then we borrowed a press from a friend and made cider. That press was amazing. We got thru that load of apples in just less than 3 hours and got over 30 gallons of cider!!

Maria is going to be a big sister. We're pregnant. The new baby will get here April 10th-ish. I'm feeling pretty good.... I still get nauseous pretty much every day. I can't watch then news because I cry too much. I'm starting to get forgetful again (my least favorite part). I have NO idea if it is a boy or a girl... yes, we're going to find out, and we should know in about a month!

Another reason to cry was... My mom had a little scare that she might have bone cancer.... she doesn't thank goodness... I can stop crying now. She's got Osteoarthritis in her knee, a meniscus tear and a floating body. She'll have surgery when she gets back from Belize.

I had tons of fun at our ward's Super Saturday. I helped out with a service project, helped my mom make cards, made some adorable magnets, made cookie in a jar and soup in a jar, "taught" how to make cake pops, and got the stuff to make a winter stitchery craft (didn't make it... that whole time thing alluded me.) Thanks to grandpa Toyk for watching Maria so I could do Super Saturday and so Marco could get a little work in.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!! That's so great! :)

Dan and Amanda said...

YAY! Congratulations. Another cute baby to add to the world! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Its been busy, I had wondered what you were up to. :)

Tif said...

A little birdie told me you were pregnant and I was waiting for you to announce it! Congrats! I know it's scary, but you and Marco will do great....funny how these things are hardly ever in our plans, huh? That'll teach us to make plans...or teach us how these darned kids get here and avoid it, one of the two ;)

Love ya, Mairs!

Erika and Jason said...

Wow you have been busy! I am so excited that there is going to be another little one keep us updated!

Laura said...

congrats on baby #2! How exciting! And I love love love all your halloween photos and the updates. AND we're coming to WA for Christmas -- the 18 through the 28 -- and I am counting on a little reunion. :)