Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in Idaho

My parents, Maria, & I headed over to Idaho to visit my brother and his family for Christmas. Maria rocked the headphones/movie for a while... it wasn't exactly a lifesaver, but it did keep her entertained at times.

Photobucket

It was so nice to see them all again. Hayden & Kayla were GREAT with Maria. Hayden got a book & blanket out one day and cuddled up to Maria and started reading to her... it was so great!

Photobucket

Maria had so much fun playing with them. Here they are playing with Hayden's toy soldiers.

Photobucket

Here are the three kids having some dipped pretzels for breakfast... yum!

Photobucket

Christmas Eve we got out Stephanie's Nativity and each picked a character and described what role they played in the birth of Christ.

Photobucket

Then we read a story and opened up pj's!! Kayla & Maria got matching pj's.

Photobucket

We got snow a few times while we were there... it didn't add up to a whole lot, but it sure was pretty. I love the snow in Idaho so much more than the snow in Washington. In Washington it falls in clumps, but in Idaho it falls in nice little pieces where you can tell that there are actually little individual snowflakes... I never knew that snowflakes actually looked like snowflakes until I lived there.

Photobucket

We had LOTS of yummy food.... swung by Florence's for some chocolates. We make our own, but we can't resist swinging by when we're in Rexburg.

Photobucket

Christmas afternoon my mom and I busted out the Costco Gingerbread House Kit and put it together.... and honestly, I think this is the way we'll go from now on.... its easier, and cheaper!!

Photobucket

We had a ton of fun even though Maria did get sick... I'm still not sure if it was an actual bug or if it's just from teething. It was great seeing TJ & his family again.... I'm hoping that we'll be able to go back this summer and visit. Maybe jump on the trampoline that Santa brought Hayden & Kayla!!

1 comment:

Laurita said...

Looks like tons of fun! I love your photos so much. What kind of camera do you use? Missed hanging out more with you in WA, but nothing beats family. xoxo