Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Update: We are back.

The kids and I are here.... back in the states.
We have been here for 2 weeks.
We have been busy adjusting and working on more immigration paperwork.
We miss Marco and his family so much.

But it is good to be here with the kids.
Maria's skin healing from all the mosquito bites she had.
Cooper is in love with the carpet all over again.
(he loves to lay down on it and pretend to go to sleep)
They have both adjusted well to being buckled into car seats.
They love going up and down the stairs, going outside, swings, oh boy do they love swings.
They love my parents hot tub (Maria is a little afraid of wandering even though she can easily touch the bottom anywhere, and Cooper has no fear even though he can't touch bottom in all of the chairs.)



I am doing ok.  I am trying to be strong.  I am not crying as much as I would like, the kids don't need a weepy mother.  I miss Marco..... it sucks being away from him.... it sucks even more not knowing how long this time will last.  I'm trying to keep us busy so there is no time to wallow in self pity.  
Marco misses us too.... he calls 2-3 times a day.  It's cute to see the kids talk to him.  I'll give them each a wireless phone (at the same time) and they will walk around having 3-way conversations with Daddy.  


Maria will turn 3 on September 1st.  I kept thinking that today was August 31st.  When she went to bed this evening she wanted me to cuddle her, which I gladly did.  As she was lying there eyes closed looking very peaceful I got a little sad.  My little angel is growing up so fast.  She doesn't want to hold my hand all the time anymore, although she does wants me to "feed [her] like a baby".  Later this evening when I discovered that today is only August 30th I was excited.... a little present for me, one more day with my two year old.  One more night to cuddle her to sleep, one more day to tell my 2 year old not to hit her brother, one more day of 2 year old adventures.... and then we'll be on to the three's, which will also be good and a wonderful adventure, but I sure am going to miss that little two year old.


Things I want to remember:
The kids singing "sweet Caroline, babumbumbum" in the car today.
Maria, when asked if she was going to sleep in the car, "No, I'm just keeping the sunshine from my eyes."
Cooper running over to my Dad after he woke up from a nap and wrapping his arms around my Dad's leg and then falling to the floor and pretending to go ni-night.
Maria starting to really like dogs (and actually petting one).
Cooper climbing up on EVERYTHING!!
Sweet hugs and kisses.
Maria telling me that she is sad and needs to have hugs.

3 comments:

Donna Chapin said...

Welcome Home Meredith. My prayers are with you that you won't be separated from Marco for very long.

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you have to be away from your husband. That is no fun.
You should bring your sweet little ones over to play with us. We would love it!

Ms. Elenbaas said...

Have you read the book "Let me hold you longer"? It made me cry! Good book though.