Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nana, we let the chickens out...

but don't worry they all made it back in safetly.

Dear Nana-

We hope you're having fun in Belize. We're excited for you (both) to come back home, we miss you, and your chickens miss you too.

Maria and I went outside to see the chickens this afternoon to check up on them. We gave them some chicken scratch and checked to make sure they had enough food.... I didn't check the water, but it's been raining enough that they probably have sufficient.

Well... I checked the food from outside the pen, and it didn't look like there was much left.... so I went inside the house and put on your shoes.

I opened up the gate and let the chickens loose. Maria was thrilled...

Photobucket

I wasn't so thrilled, because as soon as I opened the door one of the little buggers ran over my foot and got it all gross.

Photobucket

Well I filled up the food container while Maria chased the chickens around.

Photobucket

The big ones were brave and ventured out to the front.

Photobucket

The "babies" stayed near the house.

Photobucket

Maria enjoyed her chasing.

Photobucket

At one point she was helping me out by shutting the gate... what a thoughtful girl! (she also helped me wipe down her chair and the couch today... and then she continued on to clean the carpet)

Photobucket

Dad, I don't know what this goes to but she sure does enjoy walking back and forth on it.

Photobucket

I didn't notice that she had a pen in her hand until we went back inside... crazy little girl, I have no idea what she wanted a pen for. (ps. She might have made a pretty drawing for you in "Bears on Wheels".... I'm sorry. She is getting better at not eating the books, still not perfect, but better.)

Photobucket

.... and mom... I don't know if there is anything you can do, but your chicken coop is a little disgusting... and smelly... and mushy...

Photobucket

but since you have knee surgery 2 hours after you get back from Belize, maybe I'll de-stenchify it for you...



*I noticed how the majority of the pictures I'm getting of Maria now are of the back of her head... she's not too into smiling for the camera.


3 comments:

Rach said...

oh man Lily would be so jealous knowing Maria is playing with the gahkies with out her!

I cant get over how cute her hair is. I am jealous of moms who have children with hair:) k, not really jealous...but kinda.

Meredith said...

I'm jealous of her hair too... all that natural curl!! She gets it from her dad.

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

Wow...those chicks have grown. Nice to see Maria being happy and running around