Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

So far my weekend has been really nice. Relaxing.

I've gotten to spend some quality time with my wonderful family.

We had some good eats.... LOTS of turkey... for some reason we bought a 27 lb turkey for the 5 of us... but that's ok... so far we've had a delicious turkey pot pie and turkey tetrazzini with the leftovers.

We've watched some football and plenty of Manny the Mammoth.

Photobucket

We looked through the black friday ads and did a little shopping...

Photobucket

I got a few new outfits for Maria and she is such a girl... wanting to try everything on and keep it on. She got these adorable boots, but it's really hard for her to get up after she falls... I can't help but laugh!!

Speaking of Maria dressing up.... she really likes my shoes... today she got me to put her feet into these ones (she couldn't do it by herself) and then she just trotted around as happy as ever...

Photobucket

We had a chocolate making marathon. We probably dipped over 1000 chocolates! I've tried the truffle, vanilla pecan, mint, neapolitan, and coconut.... but there's still raspberry, orange chocolate truffle, maple walnut, and strawberry.

It's been wonderful so far... I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband that makes me smile so much, for my amazing daughter that keeps the laughs coming, for my parents who've put up with us for almost 2 years, and for the rest of my family for loving me. I'm thankful for my friends (even if we don't talk much). I'm thankful for the gospel in my life and the perspective that it gives me. I'm so thankful for the millions of blessings, big and small, that I've had this past year.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yum, chocolates. I remember one year we were over at your mom and dad's after Thanksgiving sometime when TJ and Steph were in town and I got to gorge on those chocolates. They were so delicious!
Your pictures are so great and your little Maria is beautiful.