Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spring Reading Thing wrap-up

SRT ended about 2 weeks ago.
I'm sad to say that I didn't read my whole list. There were some "heavy books" on there that I just couldn't get into. I've found that after having a baby my mind stops and I can hardly remember my name, let alone what happened in the last chapter.

Here's my Original list:
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
Rose Daughter - Robin Mckinley
Gulliver's Travels - Johnathan Swift
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
Emma - Jane Austen

I ended up only reading 2 from my list,"The Help" & "Rose Daughter".

I also read "Pigs in Heaven" by Barbara Kingsolver & "The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax" by Dorothy Gilman.

This was not my first time reading "Pigs in Heaven", but it's been so long that I didn't remember how it ended, so that was a nice little surprise.
I really enjoyed all the books I read this time around. I'm interested in reading more from Robin Mckinley & Dorothy Gilman. I'm not sure I'm in love with their writing... but I'd like to read more to find out. I REALLY enjoyed "The Help", but I believe it was Kathryn Stockett's first book. I would still like to read the books that I didn't get to this time.... but it might be a while before I get to them.

No comments: