Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Upcycling

Lately I've been doing a little upcycling.

I took an old t-shirt of mine and turned it into this dress for Maria.
(gotta love that nanna-do!!)

the button IS supposed to be off-centered.

I took some old jeans and an old sheet and made this diaper bag.

Some of the jeans had holes ... I was inspired by THIS post on mending.

I used an existing pocket for things like my keys, and then made some extra pockets (pleated ones on the sides and front, and a straight one on the back) I'm really enjoying this right now... it fits my purse stuff and diaper bag stuff.

Here is another t-shirt upcycle. It's got a pleat in the skirt area, and also in the sleeves.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so impressed! The diaper bag is fantastic and Maria's little dress. When do you do all this???

Meredith said...

Thanks Andrea- The diaper bag took about a week to do... the dresses are easier, I can usually accomplish them in 1 or 2 of Maria's naps.