Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Package(s)

The day I left Washington I also left my medicine behind
My mom tried to get it to us in Houston (we had an overnight layover there) but it couldn't reach us before we left the hotel before dawn the next day.
So she sent it through the mail....  and apparently it's in Uruguay.
Which is no where near Honduras.
She insured it, but has to wait another 30 days before she can make a claim. (it's already been 2 months)

So with that gone, we began the search for a reliable way to get packages from the USA to Honduras.
In a relatively timely matter.
My Mom came across a company called Dip Shipping...
and look what arrived in the mail yesterday.
It only took 20 days.  They say between 10 & 12, but with the holidays and all I didn't expect them to get here that quickly.
But the most important thing.... IT GOT HERE!!!

It was full of all sorts of goodies. Most were inside a ziplock baggie, and the empty spaces were stuffed lovingly with paper towel (aka cloth diaper liners)

A few toys for the kids, cereal, brown sugar, spices, pancake mix, cloth diapers, spaghetti sauce, marshmallows, popcorn, hot chocolate, ziplock storage containers....
Here is Cooper enjoying his first ever marshmallow (they do have marshmallow's here, but they're different.

And then there was this.

Books for the kids.  All in Spanish (with a few that have both English and Spanish).  They were sent by our great friend Cindy.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  Have I ever mentioned that there is a library here in Lepaera... but there are NO childrens books in the library.  I brought about a dozen childrens books with us, so this more than doubles our collection!! 

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Awesome :)

Laurita said...

Oh! How fabulous! Glad something arrived, and THE BOOKS! I never knew any kids with books in Honduras. That is so great. Cindy rules. One time my parents sent me a package early for Easter, like Feb-Marchish, and it arrived in July. Awesome. Honduras is like a black hole, I guess, because I sent my brother one in Nicaragua and it got there in 3 weeks! What the weird. YAY for yummies and fun from home!