Monday, January 24, 2011

Santa Rosa with Ana

Last Monday Ana, Cooper and I headed out to Santa Rosa to go appliance shopping. 

Here is a picture of the street that we went shopping on.... this is down a way from the Occidental store.
Here is Ana, Marco's sister, holding Cooper...
She's pretty cool.  (I think all of Marco's sisters are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!)
Ana is studying to be a doctor in Tegucigalpa.
I love her sense of style.  Check out her funky ring... it kept Cooper pretty entertained on the bus.
 Here is a pic of Coop... I love the silly face that he is making here.
Here is the bus depot in Santa Rosa de Copan.  As of right now I couldn't negociate this myself, but I think with a couple more experiences I'd be able to.
This is one of the many people that sell food on the buses.  This particular lady is selling burros, which is a plate with a little rice, a tortilla (handmade corn), and a piece of meat.  There are others selling chips, or soda, or candies.
The ground here is pretty fertile  A lady I know who spent some time here told be before I came down that people will take a branch off a tree and put it in the ground to make a fence and it will grow into another tree. Here is one fence....

 And here is another....I took this picture in the bus heading from Santa Rosa to Lepaera.

 Here are a few pictures of the scenery as we were in the bus.






1 comment:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

Ana Cooper and Marco all look so alike! They must be related!