Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Reading Thing 2008


So I was checking out a friend of mine's blog and she is involved in the "Summer Reading Thing 2008". I thought it sounded interesting, so here I go. I'm going to join up. It's pretty easy. I totally encourage everyone to sign up. If you go here, all the details are there. (sign up here)

Basically you pick books (or a book) that you want to read this summer. (it does have a finish date) Post 'em on your blog, do at least one review, and do links back to the main (SRT08) site. (Mom, I'm here if you need help with this part)

I'll have my list of books (which by the way I'm so not going to get thru.... just trying to be ambitious) on the sidebar of my blog with links to reviews as I finish the books. Hopefully this will help me have a little more focus on what I'm reading... avoid that whole reading 10 books at once (maybe not). and there doesn't really seem to be any rigidity... you can add or delete from your list as much as you want.

Ok. So here goes..... my list of books, in no particular order:

Prodigal Summer - Barbara Kingsolver
The Host - Stephenie Meyer
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
A book of a Thousand Days - Shannon Hale
Love in the Timie of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
The Blue Castle - L.M. Montgomery
Atonement - Ian McEwan
A Hundred and One Days - Asne Seierstad
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
World without End - Ken Follet
Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet
A Yellow Raft in Blue Water - Michael Dorris
Like Water for Chocolate - Laura Esquivel
The Good German - Joseph Kanon
Rasputin's Daughter - Robert Alexander

2 comments:

Rach said...

like water for chocolate is seriously one of my favorite books! very colorful, sensual...like it makes you feel like you are using all your senses through out the book

Karlene said...

Thanks for joining the Summer Reading Thing! Glad to have you as part of the event.

You've got a great list. I've read Stephenie Meyer's book and planning to read BD. Also read Poisonwood Bible (good) and Book of 1,000 Days (Good). I read Pillars of the Earth, the Reader's Digest Condensed version. I've heard the regular one gets a little racy. But I liked the version I read.

Remember to stop by and enter the book giveaway contests, held intermittently on my blog. :)