Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gall Bladder

Ok so I posted earlier about having my gall bladder removed because of gallstones.... well I didn't really know much about gall bladders before i went into the hospital, and i still don't, but i came across this quote when researching

Diane Fahy of Sacramento, California, compared her pain to that of childbirth. "I thought that I was dying. It hurts as much as childbirth, but unlike contractions, the pain doesn't go away," she says. "It continues and continues. There was excruciating pain in my stomach region that couldn't be relieved."

i have to agree with the -"...it hurts as much as childbirth, but unlike contractions, the pain doesn't go away..." i'm glad i can laugh at that now..... it's good to know that i won't have that pain again... at least until another kid comes, which won't be for a while.

1 comment:

Me and My Boys said...

Hey congratulations, and welcome to the club, I don't have a gall bladder either, mine was taken out when I was 12 but I hear it is SUPER common with women right after child birth. 4 of my friends had it after they had there first child, good luck on the surgery it's come a long way and not to terrible, and the scars are tiny.