Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ooh the pain!!

but it should be gone for good now. I had my gall bladder removed yesterday. Saturday late afternoon the pain began again (i've had about 6 times starting in mid-pregnancy) i suffered thru the night, threw up everything i tried to take to stop the pain, and then sunday morning called the doctor, they recommended i go into the ER.... so off Marco and I went. My parents had already gone to church, so we went and dropped off Maria with them and headed to the hospital. To make the story short and sweet (and not get into all that hospital drama!) we got there, they did an ultrasound, gave me drugs, did an MRI, put a scope down my throat to remove the gall stone in my bile duct, gave me more drugs, let me sleep, put me in surgery to remove the gall bladder, gave me more drugs, let me sleep, and two days later I'm home. I was apparently having gall bladder attacks (not very fun). I won't have any anymore though, which will be nice. and one of these days I'll finally get christmas and snow pictures up here.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

WOW...doesn't sound very fun at all. I'm glad everything worked out and that it is over now :) P.S. Could you email me your address...I have a Christmas card (I know, late) that I would like to send your way!

claireb said...

Holy Cow. I'm so glad you're doing better now! That's no fun at all.

Unknown said...

Wow, they did a lot of extra stuff. I had the same problem after I had Zoe. But instead of removing my gall stones then the gallbladder, they just removed everything at once. And I got to go home the next day. Glad everything is better. You'll feel a ton better once everything heals. And you can still eat anything you want!!