Monday, November 15, 2010

The Backyard

 Today we spent the morning working outside in the yard… actually I worked in the yard, and Marco finished putting together Maria’s bed. We’re going to have a little sitting area on one side of our backdoor and on the other side there will be a garden box. I still have to decide what I want to plant. I’m going to try taking seeds from fruits & veggies and planting them. (I’d love it if I could get my hand on a yellow tomato). We’ll see how it goes.

While Marco and I work, Cooper is inside asleep for his morning nap and Maria is playing. I think her favorite place to play in the backyard is in laundry washing area. She loves all that water. A close second would be the rocks, but even better than the water and the rocks is the combination of the two… putting rocks in the water. Jorge, Marco’s brother, assures me that it is ok.

A lady comes to do our laundry every Sunday. She washes it and hangs it on the lines. Today ( Monday) it was ready to come inside by mid-morning. Last week it rained during the night so it took a little longer to dry. Marco’s parents have a wood stove that they use for cooking (I’ll get a picture of it sometime), and since our laundry was out longer last week some of it smelled like smoke… not exactly my favorite thing. I was really missing dryer sheets & fresh (even if it is chemically induced) laundry. The lady charges 15 lempiras for every 12 items. This week our grand total was 150 lempiras, last week it was only 90. I think the fact that both Cooper & Maria decided to wet thru numerous pairs of pants may have had something to do with it.

2 comments:

Toyke said...

Thanks for all the pictures
you give us the be grateful for what we have....we are grateful for you.
We wish we could do more for you, but mom says they need to get it figured out for themselves. So I wait patiently to see how you are doing.
I am checking into Northern Tool...i hear they have distribution in Honduras...
Keep up the positive attitude. Love Dad

Toyke said...

Thanks for all the pictures
you give us the be grateful for what we have....we are grateful for you.
We wish we could do more for you, but mom says they need to get it figured out for themselves. So I wait patiently to see how you are doing.
I am checking into Northern Tool...i hear they have distribution in Honduras...
Keep up the positive attitude. Love Dad