Thursday, November 4, 2010

Second Full Day in Honduras

 Today was the second full day here... 

Hot water for showers is not a normal thing here.  So yesterday I had my shower Honduran style... cold.  I handled it... barely. But I thought it would be to cruel to subject the kids to cold showers.  So, yesterday afternoon we got a funky shower head that heats the water.   I'll have to take a picture of it sometime.... when I give the household tour.

Marco's place in Honduras was a living room, bedroom and bathroom.  We added on a bedroom & bathroom to the back.  Here is a picture of the addition.  The two windows on the left are into the bathroom, and the door and the large window are into the bedroom area.  When they were putting the roof on Marco got them to put hooks so one day there will be hanging baskets there with some pretty flowers.  We will also get stairs and little raised gardens where I can plant flowers or veggies.  There are avocado, mango, and lemon (mandarin lemon) trees in the backyard.
 Here is Maria and a little neighbor boy.  They played together all day yesterday.  She had so much fun running and jumping with him.  (But I'm not sure that they'll play a lot together.... his parents think it's funny to teach him dirty words, and I don't want Maria to say those things.)

 This morning we woke up to rain.  Here is the rain pouring of a little shed that Marco's parents have in the backyard.  The air is fresher... less humid today than it was yesterday.  It almost feels like Washington.
 We set up Maria and Cooper in their chairs in front of the open door so they could watch the rain....Maria even put her rain boots on over her PJ's.
 This is two pictures put together..... to show a panoramic view of what we see from our back yard.... you can't see too much because it was raining, but it's a nice view.

2 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

Wow, I know that Marco would never leave anything around that the kids could get hurt on...The construction looks good, the landscaping...well, that needs some work (on a day that isn't raining) I know that the two of you are up to the task.
Potty Mouth looks like a cute little boy..too bad about the language. Oops I guess her Abualos could understand the bad words...
The adventure continues.

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

wow you live in a jungle.Nice view out the back. Love the smile on the kids faces, they look like they are having a great time.
Looks like Marco has lots of work to do...don't worry marco I do to