Monday, November 29, 2010

it was a whopper...

Last Night
3:00 AM Cooper wakes up and will not go to sleep.  Marco reaches over, grabs my hand and touches his forehead with it.  He’s burning up.  I try to put Cooper to sleep for a few more minutes, but he’s just not having it.  I put him back in bed and go look for the Tylenol and a thermometer.  Can’t find either, so the digital meat thermometer and the Tylenol PM will have to do.  While I’m looking for these items in the kitchen I hear Cooper unload in the bedroom.  I go back to the bedroom…. With the meat thermometer Marco’s got a temp of 101 degrees; who knows how accurate that is; two Tylenol PM and he’s set.  Take Cooper to the living room to change his diaper.  BLOWOUT.  Change diaper, new PJ’s on, now to get him to sleep.  I hear Maria start to cry in the bedroom.  She’s been coughing for a while and it finally woke her up.  I go in there and tell her I’ll get her some medicine as soon as Cooper is asleep.   I get Cooper to sleep and Maria’s been quiet for a while.  I go check on her, her blanket is off, I go to pull it up and she’s not asleep.  I get her medicine and then we’re all in bed.  Maria starts to cry again, she wants to cuddle.  So we go and cuddle on the couch for a little bit.  She wants a bottle of milk, ok.  I put her back in bed.  She sleeps for 2 ½ hours and then is up for the day… woohoo.   To top everything off it’s Monday morning and we haven’t had water since Saturday around 3pm.  Cooper’s got diarrhea (teeth coming in) and we’re trying to potty train Maria….

Update: 

-The water came back on at 1:00pm for two hours…. Just long enough for us to get showered and some clothes washed.

-The next day I started getting sick…. A nasty little digestive bug.  I made it a whole month without getting anything.  This thing hit hard, we went to the doctor (who treats by signs and symptoms because they don’t have the testing supplies available) and he gave me some medicine which put me out of commission for 2 days, but I’m all better now.

No comments: