Friday, February 18, 2011

The Backyard

Here is a 180 degree panorama of our backyard.  It looks a little funky, and I didn't take ANY time to make sure the lighting was all the same... I just threw it together, so this is what you get. 
There is a lot going on in the backyard.
There is the pila where the laundry is done.
There are about a dozen lines for drying the clothes hung between the house and various trees.
There is the hammock (or as Maria calls it her swing)
There is Abuelo's horno.
We can't forget the animals:
8 pollitos (baby chicks), a rooster, a turkey, & 2 dogs.
There are lots of food producing trees too:
Avocado tree, Cacao tree, mandarin-lime tree, sweet lime tree, regular lime tree, two mango trees, the tea tree (they make tea from it's leaves).  They grow ginger.  There's bunch of various herbs growing in misc. containers.  There's extra roof tiles, and a misc. pile of wood and some concrete blocks.   I'm sure that I'm missing a bunch of stuff too.

Here is a closer view of the misc. garden boxes and the horno off to the right... and don't miss the turkey at the bottom right.

And remember how this looked when we first moved in...
Here we are now.  There's still a lot of work to do, but progress is being made.  And I am proud to say that except for moving a few of the really heavy rocks I have done it all by myself!!

5 comments:

Tif said...

Amazing what they've packed into the backyard! And all the fruit trees!?

Is the tea tree the kind that we have "tea tree" shampoo, face wash etc out of?

The house looks great! Good job!

Rach said...

great job on the house, looks great!

also, an avocado tree in your back yard?? that is amazing in its self. I looks like a great place to be. the turkey still cracks me up.

pinelodgelabradoodles said...

I didn't know there were so many kinds of limes! I love the container gardening! I've always been a fan of re-use in the gardening world. It looks like a wonderful playland for your children. And great job on your house entrance! Love it!
And I do have a very soft spot in my heart for turkeys....

Post said...

Good job. It looks a lot better. And you can reach the front door.

Ms. Elenbaas said...

Oh wow! I was so impressed by this and your other posts that I got tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing. Your amazing. Love Angela Madelyn Kenny and Tom