Sunday, February 20, 2011

Veggies


Maria and I bought veggies this morning. She was so stoked for the carrots. She started grabbing them as soon as we got there.
So this picture includes everything we bought this morning minus one carrot.
1 lb broccoli
1 medium cabbage
2 lbs ptotato
1/2 lb tomato
1 lb onion
1/2 lb green beans
1 papaste (I think that's what it's called
1 lb carrots
1 lb yucca
Total cost: 80 Lempiras (~$4.23)

This should pretty much last us the week.  We might have to pick up something at the market on Thursday, but this is it.

Coming sometime soon will be:
Typical Meals for a Week
and
Approx. Cost of Living in small town Honduras

1 comment:

Vashti said...

I can't wait to see what your typical meals look like. I don't always comment, but I read EVERY post.

It has been fun to see your adventure unfold!