Thursday, April 14, 2011

Heat & Packages

Yesterday I made spaetzle for dinner.  The recipe calls for eggs, flour, and milk.  Three ingredients that we have here.  It was good.... although I'm not sure what I would pair it with.  I followed the recipe and method over on smitten kitchen.  I will probably make it again..... but NOT anytime soon.  The method for cooking is kind of involved and requires a bit of stovetop time, and it's just too hot here. 

Here is a picture of the thermometer we got in a package* yesterday from my parents while I was cooking.



Just a tad on the warm side. 

The kids liked them though.... so we'll give it a go, perhaps on a day we're feeling a little chilly.


*the package....
Oh glorious packages.  My parents sent this one to us a while ago in hopes that it would get here before Coopers birthday.... only a week late.
It was filled with all sorts of wonderful things.  Toy cars, shoes, towels, shampoo & conditioner (my hair smells so good today!!) brown sugar (!!!), books (for me), an awesome wooden pedal-less bike for Maria (she's been uber-jealous of Orfito & his bike for over a month now), our juicer, little baggies of melted chocolate chips (I guess it was a little too warm for them), a little fan that does a big job, the thermometer, cereal (now my parents will have an option during their stay if they don't want to eat beans again), cadbury mini-eggs (Happy Easter everyone!!) .... it was a WONDERFUL package.  Like Christmas all over again!  Thanks SO MUCH Mom & Dad!!

No comments: