Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Cleaning..... and visitors.

We moved all the furniture and cleaned the floors.  And it feels SO good.  We moved beds, couches, tables, fridge, stove.... everything, and swept and mopped.  I love the feeling when the floors are clean.  Especially here.  The floors get dirty so easily.  The kids spill, shoes are worn inside, dust is ALWAYS coming in... it's a constant battle.  So I relished the 10 minutes after we moved everything and got it all clean, because I know it won't last.  Tomorrow (heck, even later this afternoon) I'll want it to be done again.

We've also been dusting cobwebs (another constant battle here with all the spiders) and working in the backyard a bit more (although if I took another "progress" picture you'd all be like... what work?!?).

Why the deep spring cleaning you might ask?  Well, my oh-so-lovely parents are making the trek to come down and visit us.  (Seriously, it's kind of a trek.... everytime I've looked you can only get flights that are overnight, which are not exactly fun.)  And with visitors coming we want things to be their best.  Not that my parents really care what the backyard or inside for that matter look like.... they just want to see the grandkids.

3 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

48 hours and we should be sitting on your front porch drinking fresh Lemonade

Marianne said...

That is so fun!!! I'll bet you and the kids can't wait to see them!!

Ms. Elenbaas said...

Cute! Where will they both sleep? Maybe your little guy will share his crib with grandma so grandpa can have that cool couch to himself! :)