Friday, April 1, 2011

Water

Today it's another hot one. Not as hot as yesterday, but still hot.

Speaking of yesterday.... they never turned the water on.  Well, maybe they did, but it happened before I woke up at 6:30.  Each day I fill up 2 five gallon buckets, a ten gallon bucket, and another tub thingy that is probably around 5 gallons.  All we had by way of water was the 10 gallon bucket that was leftover from Wednesday.  Now this isn't our drinking water, but it is the water for the kids baths at night and flushing the toilet.  I do the dishes when the water is on because that's just easier.

Today I woke up early(er) 6ish.  I told myself that if the water was on then I'd do the dishes (from the past 2 days - ick) and fold the laundry.  The water was on (yipee). So the dishes got done and the laundry was folded before the kids woke up (miracle).  I made sure that one of the first things I did was fill up all the buckets.... and it's a good thing that I did.  The kids got up, we had some cereal, danced 3 songs, colored for a couple minutes.... then I go to get in the shower....  yup. water's off again!!!!  Cold shower from a bucket it is. 

One of these days.... if we happen to be here long enough...  we'll get a water tank.

2 comments:

Rach said...

oh my. what an adventure? does adventure make it sound less....annoying?

very impressed you can get that much done in the morning!

Tif said...

Amazing what early morning rising can accomplish for the day, huh?

And on the cold bucket shower-can I just point out how important that camping trip like 14 years ago was? The one where we washed our hair and stuff from the glacier run off at the gold panning creek? It was prophetic for your life, I'm sure.

Love you. Remind me when I get to hopefully see you again???