Friday, June 3, 2011

Kitchen Sinks, Neighborhood Boys, & One Super Amazing Daughter

Can I tell you how incredibly wonderful it is to dishes in this sink, with a counter, IN THE KITCHEN!!!.... It's SO incredibly wonderful!
Remember Orfito, Maria's little friend.  He came over to hang out today while Maria was sleeping.  He had his hair cut while we were gone and he looks so grown up now....
 
And if you're wondering what he's eating like an apple.... that would be a beet.

And for those of you who wanted to see.... this is Kevin.  He's a little neighborhood boy that was my Mom's little protector in the market while they were visiting.
He's sitting on his new (to him) bike and is SO thankful and excited!!!
 
Before this he and his uncle (who are about the same age) would both hop on a bike quite a bit smaller than this (one on the seat, and the other sitting side-saddle on the cross bar) that didn't have any tires and ride like little maniacs down the hill and around the corner.
 
 
 
Last night was a LONG night.
Around 1:30 am I woke up to the horrible sound of heaving....
It was Maria AND Marco. 
Cooper did great last night, slept thru the whole night.  Only the second time in his whole life he's done that.  He did his throwing up on Wednesday.... I did mine on Monday.
There's a nasty little bug going around.
 
Now, I'd like to tell a story about my darling little girl, because after all this is my family blog, and I'd really like to remember this one....
I was nursing Cooper this morning and Maria came over to me with a towel (She is learning that if throw up is involved then most likely a towel will be and he's brought me a towel a couple of times now just before she starts to throw up.) and then she gets this sad look on her face.  The poor little thing has thrown up so much today and she hates it so much.  She has started saying "please" while throwing up, as if saying the word will make it all go away faster.  So...I'm nursing Cooper, Maria brings towel, and starts to throw up.... the nursing of Cooper abruptly stops so I can take care of Maria, which Cooper is totally NOT thrilled about and proceeds to cry like it's the end of the world.... Maria is heaving, her little body trying to get the nothing that is left in her stomach out, and she sees that Cooper is crying and gives him a little toy flashlight that she had to him so he'll stop crying.  That kindness that she showed to her little brother while she was in such discomfort is huge to me.  Such charity in one so young.  She is a special little girl.



1 comment:

Jillums said...

Sorry to hear you have all been sick... My day to puke was Tuesday. It will be over soon.