Friday, June 17, 2011

Two and a half weeks.
That's how love we've been back in Honduras.  We've spent the majority of the time cooped up in the house trying not to spread whatever germs we had to the people of Honduras.  Between all the throwing up, poopy pants, lots of crying, whining and cuddling I've tried to get a few things done....
-paint some areas with chalkboard paint (above the kitchen counter for me and the wall in the laundry room for the kids..... they are both still not done.)
-hot glued some corkboard to the wall.

-used that tacky stuff and hung a collage of pictures on the wall that is roughly 60"x28".
-took a few walks with the stroller (I made a "hammock" converting the single stroller into a double when I was in Washington)
-read the "Hunger Games" trilogy.
-made an apron for Cristina for when she does the laundry.  (It is made out of a laminated cotton)
-here is Cooper modeling Cristina's apron.... I also cut his hair.  We had his hair cut while we were in Washington, but it was getting long again and starting to bother me.
-enjoyed SEVERAL thunderstorms (the road is SO bad now.... all this heavy rain is washing away the dirt leaving very big rocks... making it very hard to push the stroller)
-we had the water turned off for so long that we used all the water in the tank (the pipes were fixed and the water was back on 18 hours later..... so we didn't go that long without water)
 -we planted some seeds.... it's amazing how quickly things grow here, at least two times faster than at home. (These I believe are cucumber plants that I planted a week after we got here, so they are roughly 1 1/2 weeks old.)
-figured out how to make some good flour tortillas (they are easier to make than corn ones.... I think I might have to find a different method of making corn ones though.......)
-read "Go Dog, Go" about a hundred times.
-told Cooper not to eat the rocks in the backyard about two hundred times.
-was entertained by Maria wielding a frying pan like Rapunzel in "Tangled".... that was until she came at me.
-fell in love with having a kitchen sink (and water tank) multiple times daily

1 comment:

Tif said...

The apron turned out great! Love Cooper modeling it! So sad you guys have all been sickos :(

Your picture collage on the wall reminds me of our college days at Hillcrest!