Thursday, June 2, 2011

We Have Arrived

After 23 hours of travel the kids and I made it back home to Lepaera. 
The worst part of travel was getting off of the flight from Seattle to Houston.  We landed early in the morning, the kids had gotten less than four hours of sleep and were super cranky.  Taking the stuff off the plane and two kids who only wanted to be held was extremely difficult. 
The best part of the trip was seeing Marco again..... and seeing Maria's face when she saw her Daddy was so special!!

We had a lovely trip to the states.  We filled our time with so many wonderful things. 
We went to library time, lots and lots of parks, made just a few trips to Edaleen Dairy for ice cream. 
We went to lunch with Grandma Penn and had some super delicious fish and chips. 
We took a train to Oregon to visit some friends and hit up a great fabric sale. 
We celebrated Nana's Birthday with molten chocolate lava cake. 
Sorted thru boxes and boxes of stuff trying to figure out what were the most important things to bring back with us. 
 I did a little sewing (Maria a dress out of an old skirt, and some leggings and a t-shirt out of an old t-shirt, a tie for Cooper, and one quilt top (my insane mother did 3!!!)) 
We went "swimming" in the hot tub.
We bought some baby chicks for Nana.
I mowed the lawn once (got the lawn mower stuck & unstuck all by myself!)
Bapa mowed the lawn with both Maria & Cooper (now that's talent!!)
Maria, Nana, & I went to a bridal shower for my cousin.
Went to my the wedding.
Cooper got his first hair cut.
Played on tons of  swings & slides.
Played in Nana's potting soil.
Threw Bapa's rocks all over his sidewalk.
Bought some new shoes.
Maria gathered the eggs all by herself (and didn't break a single one!!!)
We were the continuous tornado at my parent's house (thanks for putting up with us for an entire month!!)

I am writing this from Marco's computer.... I have to figure out how to use the internet on my new computer.... so, no pictures yet... but we'll get some soon. 
I'm excited to show everyone the kitchen sink.... It's AMAZING.  No more dishes in the bathroom!!!!

2 comments:

Jillums said...

It was so fun to see you and your cute kids at the wedding. I was going to tell you that I've been blog stalking you for months but I forgot to mention it. :) I'm glad you made it home safe.

Tif said...

I am so glad to hear you guys got back safe! I hope you got some pictures to capture Maria's joy at seeing her dad again!

I am so very glad we got to spend time together while you were home. Thanks so much to you and your mom for taking the time to come down here to visit! I cannot wait until we get together again-mama/daughter trip for sure!

I know it was so hard for you to leave again, with everything still up in the air for your future. I have you, Marco and your family in my thoughts and prayers every day and I hope you hear something positive very soon from Canada's Immigration!