Monday, April 7, 2008

oh the joys of pregnancy

OK... so you know that feeling you get when you have to pee.... the pressure, and when you really have to go sometimes you feel a little pain. well if you take away the peeing part of that, keep the pressure, and a little pain, move it from the bladder area more towards the belly button that's how i feel right now. it's not exactly the most comfortable thing in the world.

I've been thinking about it lately, it being the people who think that being pregnant is just a joy, and i think it's crazy (no offense to the joyful pregnant people). but seriously... you start out pretty stoked, cause seriously, no period for 9 months.... YIPEE!! but then you get to thinking about things (and unless your prepared for it, which i wasn't really) and well you've got this thing growing inside of you, and not having done the whole procreation thing before, kind of weirds me out. I'm used to having my body all to myself, but now i'm sharing it. kind of a weird concept if you ask me.... i know it's the way things have been done for millions of years, but still.

Ok, post wigging out... then the nausea comes. nothing sounds appetizing, and when something finally does sound appetizing, by the time you get it in front of you it's not so anymore. things you once loved, you now want to yak at the mere thought of. sometimes it can be down right depressing..... and that's just one emotion.... holy cow, emotions. one minute i'm giddy, the next i'm crying. i realize it's a funky pregnancy thing so i try to hide it.... i know i'm not being completely rational, so i try to disappear for a few minutes, think it over, realize i'm not being rational, get over it and then re-join the real world.

I've been trying to come up with ways that pregnancy could be considered a pleasant experience.... and i'm coming up short. I remember when Halle Berry was pregnant she said that she just loved it. (insight from those who agree would be appreciated) I remember my first ultrasound.... that was pretty cool, but it was more of a surreal experience than anything. I know the whole thing will be worth it... a few months of being uncomfortable, a few hours (let's hope) of intense pain, and then you've got this cute (let's hope) bundle of joy... the whole process is rather amazing (even if i'm uncomfortable!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In my humble opinion, there are only about 3 1/2 good months of being pregnant. And that's the second trimester. After you get done being sick, and right before you're so huge that everything hurts. On the plus side of being pregnant, I love feeling the baby move. It's the best! Not so good when they put a foot in your ribs, but hey, it's only for 8 weeks. The other plus side, is the sexual drive goes up! Woohoo for Marco!! That's when you get to be creative in the bedroom. (Sorry if that's going a little overboard, but hey, it's true). And I love maternity clothes. They are so comfy and cute. Way cuter than 5 years ago or so. Well, I hope this helps. For me, being pregnant is a love/hate kind of deal. I love it so much, but then I hate what it does to me. Another plus, your husband will truly think you are beautiful and should tell you everyday. I loved it when Steve would just play with my huge tummy. Making the baby move and bonding with the baby. It's the best!

Courtney said...

Your post totally made me laugh! Any baby names yet?

Rach said...

oh man, pregnancy totally can suck. in fact the second trimester was the only nice part for me. first one i was sick and then the last i was HUGE hurt everywhere. delivery i remember being in a lot of pain but really its all a blur, I think holding my little Lily blurs the vision for me, honestly i would go through all the pain and nausea everyday for her if i had to. dang kids, they are the ones that make you think irrationaly...not hormones:) so there is hope, and dont worry your baby is going to be so dang cute i can NOT wait to see him/her