Monday, April 28, 2008

ultrasound and weekend

so, this weekend was busy... i didn't get much of an opportunity to fill everyone in on the ultrasound. so Friday was my sister's birthday (happy birthday bean!!) we all went out to lunch together... it was fun. we went to this new teryaki place. marco and i shared a shrimp tempura roll (oh so yummy!!... i think it was his first sushi ever... even though it was kind of fake sushi cause it's cooked) and then had some chicken teryaki. we had a little while to kill before our ultrasound appointment so we went to a baby store just around the corner. it was really cute. i never realized that there was so much cool baby stuff out there. we perused the store for a while and then headed up to the office...

my bladder was getting pretty full by now (they've got that drink 16 oz 1 hr before and don't pee rule) so we waited in the office a little bit and then were called back. the ultrasound tech was so nice. i still think that being prego is a little surreal. and looking at that monitor and seeing a baby inside of me is so weird. so she asks if we want to know the sex (YES!! i want to shop!) and then begins... we see the brain and the heart and the stomach and bladder and where the umbilical cord attaches to the baby.... she does measuring gets all the "business" stuff out of the way. she kept trying to get a good profile or a full frontal face view, but our little girl kept putting her arms up in front of her face.... hiding from us. a little camera shy. it was kinda cute. she ended up getting a good one. and then when she was trying for the sex she had her legs crossed and was hiding in the shadow of my belly button... the lady had to squirt the goo in my belly button to get rid of the shadow, and she kept pushing on my belly to get the baby to move... and she finally did and the tech said that she was 99.9% sure it was a girl (i don't think that they can say 100% sure) Marco wanted a boy, but he's really happy with our little girl.

This weekend was absolutely beautiful here in the Pacific Northwest. the sun was shining.... it was wonderful. Saturday morning we were all up before 7... had some breakfast and then got to work.... marco and I are living in the "multi-purpose" room in my parents house.... they've got an extra fridge, a freezer, the food storage, all my mom's craft stuff, and just a bunch of other stuff they've saved up over the past how many ever years.... so last week TJ and Marco cleaned out the garage, organized all the stuff that was in there and got rid of a bunch of junk. so we moved the extra fridge and freezer out there, so that everyone can have access to them all the time, and we also moved all (10) rolling shelves out to the garage (our goal is to eventually turn the multi purpose area into two bedrooms and a living area) everything is organized so well out in the garage now that we have space for the smart, MG, hummer, and tahoe plus all the other stuff that's out there (it's not exactly a normal sized garage.... it's got 5 bays my parents have a lot of stuff) anyway it also makes parking in the "driveway" a lot easier too...cause who knows how many vehicles we were trying to stuff out there..... between my parents, TJ and stef and Marco and I... things get a little crowded around here sometimes. anyway, it felt really good to get all that stuff done....

My mom and i took off around 11 and went up to canada and went to lunch and shopping with my great aunt (she's over visiting from holland... my opa (her brother) passed away from cancer two weeks ago, so she was here to be with him.... and now she's going to go to hawaii with my parents later this week) shopping was fun... we went to the Bay and i got 2 cute new purses and then an outfit for the baby girl. Leoni and my mom got some clothes for their trip and some little gifts for my cousin portia.... it was her birthday last week, and she got baptized saturday night... so we went back to opa's house and they got ready to go to the baptism, and i got ready to head back home to be with my amor. it was fun.... a beautiful satrurday.

so now it's monday morning.... and it's gray... and drizzling.... a typical washington spring day.

2 comments:

Drees009 said...

I attempted to change the font colors, but it didn't work. You would think that the "Fonts and Colors" tab would do the trick, since it seems so self-explanatory, but I changed every color and when I saved and refreshed the page, it was the same old colors. Does it work for you if you highlight the font? That way it's a dark blue background with white text? It's not a big difference, but until I brave the world of searching for a new layout (which the first adventure led me to nearly throwing my monitor through the window), maybe that will have to suffice. Is that okay?
-Sh-

Kristen said...

A GIRL?!?! Welcome to the club?! How exciting - there are SOOOO many fun things to buy for little girls! :) I am so happy for you. I only have 14 weeks left. I can't wait! :) Hope you are feeling well!