Thursday, July 16, 2009

48 hours

That's how long I've been back in town.... kind of.

We got back from Georgia Tuesday evening, but then Maria and I went with my mom down to Seattle for an MRI Wednesday and were gone all day, and then today we spent half of the day down in Burlington.... so I've been in Washington for a little more than 48 hours, but I haven't been at home for anywhere near that amount.

Our trip.... was wonderful.

Sorry no pictures right now. I didn't bring my camera, we brought the point and shoot, and the battery died the second day, so we have minimal pictures on that.... which I can't even access, because Marco took it to Idaho with him (he left this afternoon). I do have some pictures on my phone, but I haven't figured out how to download them from that yet, I believe I have to buy a cable.

We had a great time though, Marco's cousin, Amanda, & her family were absolutely wonderful!! We had so much fun. Marco helped George take out some carpet and linoleum and put down tile floors. Amanda, Georgie, & Michelle played so much with Maria. Tia Tina taught me how to make Honduran tamales, hand made tortillas, & cheese among other things. We went shopping, went for walks (yes in the horrible Georgia heat and humidity), we looked at houses & met some really fun people. We want to go back next summer and visit again. Next time I'll bring my camera and get LOTS of pictures to share.



Up next on the agenda..... getting ready to leave town again. This time we're heading to Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, and then possibly Nevada and a trip up highway 101 along the coast. This time I'm definitely bringing my camera and computer.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Whoa world traveler!

Sounds so fun.