Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Earlier this week we decided that we would host a 4th of July party at our house. The week was busy with preparations... my mom hurt her back after getting back from vacation and has been down for the count since, and .ria has been teething (she's got 4 teeth coming in up top) so there were a few extra things to take care of, which was totally cool, just means less time to blog...

I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted but here are a few to share with everyone.

Here's our little set up as seen from our back porch. We had volleyball, badminton, & kickball set up.
Photobucket

One of the boys brought these swords and the boys had a blast with them.

Photobucket

Here's my dear sweet mother "relaxing" in the lawn chair, don't let the smile fool you... she's not exactly comfortable.

Photobucket

Here's .ria & her friend Kai.

Photobucket

I got out my camera and got a some pictures of the kids that were playing... and then it was bedtime for .ria so I tried to do the whole nap thing, but there was too much going on. I didn't get many pictures after that.

This is Spencer, he found out old dump trucks & bulldozers... he answered a bunch of my questions, but was too into moving dirt to look up at me.

Photobucket

Andrew on the other hand didn't mind a little eye contact.

Photobucket

Here's Gracie...

Photobucket

and Jayden...

Photobucket

and this was where .ria got tired.


Then I was setting up my camera to take some pictures of the fireworks and got this one of the sunset... just fyi it's not processed, all i did was crop.

Photobucket

and that's it. I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks. While I was setting up for fireworks shots I noticed about a million mosquitoes. That's when Maria and I made our way inside. Luckily she only got one bite.

1 comment:

Heather O said...

What a beautiful sunset!