Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shoes

This morning I made some shoes for Maria. She's a total doll, but trust me on this one, her little feet are a little chubby; making it difficult to get any real shoes on her feet. So when I saw Sara post that she made some I wanted to too!! So on I went over to Star Dust Shoes and downloaded her pattern. Now, they were definitely not large enough for my little sweetie pie's feet, so I made a few adjustments to the pattern. Making it a little longer, and a little wider. Also the pattern calls for "bonded fleece" for the sole of the shoe, but they had no idea what I was talking about when I went into the fabric store.... so instead I got some of that PJ foot material and layered that with a piece of batting and a piece of material for the sole... to give it a little padding.

Anyway, without further ado, here they are. Maria's patriotic shoes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got her to try them on and then she did this.....

Photobucket

... maybe they gave her super powers.... maybe not.

and yes, her little jammies are not snapped. i'm beginning to hate snaps.

5 comments:

Corinna said...

They are super cute Meredith. I don't understand why you wouldn't like snapping anymore it like you haven't been snapping close to 10x a day for almost 10 months. Maria looks cute in her shoes.

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I had no clue what "boned fleece" was either. But saw you could use canvas, so I just used what I had left over from my diaper bag. I like the PJ bottom for the sole. Where did you get that? Super cute! Steve likes them too!

Meredith said...

oh, i've never really liked snapping and try to avoid it at all cost. I got the pj bottom stuff for the sole at Joanne's... they had it behind the counter.

Dan and Amanda said...

These are so stinkin' cute. I think I may try to make a pair.

Lydia said...

These are super cute!!! Standing in the dish washer-so cute too! :)