Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Outfits

 For Christmas Abuela wanted to make Maria a dress, a pretty red princess dress.
While she was making the dress I asked if she had any extra fabric and if she could make Cooper a tie to match...

So here are my two little lovelies in their Christmas duds.
 Hahaha... they look so happy don't they.  The pictures didn't go that well.  These are the only two that I could get of them together.  Maria is all over the place these days.
 I did manage to get this one of Cooper with the Christmas tree in the back ground.... Isn't he just a little stud!?!
 Maria was a little more difficult to get a picture of....
She picked her nose....
 ..... and pouted on the floor....
 ...and finally ran away....
 ...but I did get some nice shots of the dress...
It buttons up the back and has a pretty white bow. The skirt is one of those full ones that when spun spreads very nicely.... also when she plops down on the floor it floats more gracefully to the ground.... just like a princess.
 It's got a pretty flower sewn on to one side of the bow.  It's also got a little lace trim sewn around the bottom of the skirt...
 ... and cute little cap sleeves....
and did I mention that she made everything without a single pattern.  She took the measurement for how long Cooper's tie should be, and then 4 measurements off Maria and made everything...  I'm totally impressed.  (A couple of weeks ago she made a wedding dress the same basic way... a few measurements, talk of what the bride wanted and then she made it... in less than a week.)  I'm hoping that she'll be able to teach me how she does it!

6 comments:

Tif said...

I love it! Does she do it by hand or with a machine? She could be a very awesome person to learn some sewing stuff from!

Cooper is definitely a stud. His eyes are just gorgeous! And Maria's curls! They look like little rag curls-like she's a little Shirley Temple!

Melissa said...

Your little guy is SUCH a stud with that tie. And I also love Maria's curls and her darling dress. Your tamale post was interesting as well, we had tamales for Christmas also but they are the Mexican style tamales. I hadn't realized there were different variations.

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

beautiful kids

Meredith said...

Tif- She does it by machine... she's got a manual singer that she's converted to electricity.

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

Yeah but she doesn't use a pattern!!!

Lydia said...

That's amazing! Beautiful dress. I love all Maria's curls-gorgeous!