Saturday, December 18, 2010

Water

Sometimes I feel like the guy in charge of turning the water on and off wakes up late, goes on vacation, or just doesn't feel like getting up to turn the water on. 

Today the water didn't come on until after 5 PM!!  

And there was lots that needed to be done that involved water....
showers
cleaning the floors (needs to be done EVERY day)
dishes

and I had to prioritize... what is more important... doing the dishes or giving the kids baths, especially when I don't know when the water will turn on again.

(just in case you were wondering, the kids got their showers.... the dishes came second.... I got my shower after the water came back on, and I'll clean the floors tomorrow.)

3 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

The water was out the other day, around 4:00...don't know why...I thought of you...

Laurita said...

I HATED THAT.

claireb said...

When I lived in Brazil our water was cut for the day... without warning. I was doing laundry and our reserve was depleted because of it. It was horrible... couldn't use the restroom, couldn't wash hands, etc. Thankfully we had friends who lived in apartments with 2000 liter tanks, otherwise I don't know how we'd have survived the day.

You have it a million times worse. What a sport! You're a better woman than I am, Meredith!