Saturday, December 18, 2010

An Early Christmas Present

I am generally a stickler when it comes to opening presents before Christmas...
but with this present it was impossible to wrap them up and keep them hidden for over a week.
 
Our Christmas Chicks.
 Aren't they so fun and colorful!
 I just couldn't resist.  We got eight.  They were 5 lempiras per chick.
 ... And Marco made them a little home.
As soon as they loose their baby fluff they'll be white... I kind of wish that they'd stay colored though.
Right now they eat rice.  Later they'll eat leftovers.  We eat plenty of eggs here so they'll have lots of egg shells to munch on.  
Hopefully there will be more hens than roosters in the bunch.
We'll see how it goes... I'm not really an animal person, but Maria loves Nanna's chickens so we will try to get her to take care of them, feed them and water them.... make sure they have a clean home and stay safe and warm.

3 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

My baby chicks were boring compared to yours! Don't know how they dye them like that...amazing!

April said...

SO CUTE! I thought they were fake when I first saw them, love it!
April

Lydia said...

Very cute and colorful!