Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Map

This is a map that I "made" a few years ago... I've gotten a couple of comments on it, so I thought I'd share. I saw something similar to this in a pottery barn magazine. I believe it was framed under glass, but I wanted mine on corkboard so that I could put pins in places I've been, and places I want to go (blue and green for where I've been, and pink and purple for where I want to go). So I believe I was at Target one day and I saw these framed corkboards.... picked up a map... did the math.... cut and glued.... added colorful push pins. I found that this worked great for apartment living because i didn't put so many holes in the wall. I also like the fact that there is corkboard space leftover... I want to use that to put travel brocures, tickets, pictures, etc. of places that I've been, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I think it would have been really cool if I could have found an antique looking modern map... but alas, i didn't.


3 comments:

Heather O said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing how you did it, I really like the corkboard.

Donna Chapin said...

It is so funny that you would blog about your map, as I saw your Mom last night and was quizzing her about your map. And thought it was way cool, and I didn't realize that it was on cork board. Thanks for sharing.

Lydia said...

That's a great idea Meredith! So clever.