Monday, August 4, 2008

Update

Marco had a birthday!! He didn't really want to celebrate it, but I'm so happy that he's here that I just had to. Nothing big or anything, but had to do something. He loves these old black and white spanish movies with the actor Mario Moreno (aka Cantinflas). They're pretty funny. I got him two of those (one of which he already had so we'll be returning that and getting a different one). He's getting quite the collection. We (Mom, Dad, Marco and I) also went out to dinner at Anthony's! It was so nummy. It was really busy though, so we got seats at the bar that looks into the kitchen (which was so neat). We got to watch the cooks cook... made some new friends. The only downside was that we were so far apart that conversation between the four of us was difficult.

We're getting our area fixed up!! We've painted 7 out of the 10 walls. I went and got some Oops! paint from Walmart the other day (a smoky blue, a dusty rust, and a tan-ish color) and started painting. I'll post pictures when it's all done and cleaned up a bit. I also got a bunch of fabric off the $1 shelf at Walmart to make a curtain/room divider. I've got that all sewn together, now we just need to work on getting it put up. I'm also putting up pictures and organizing my bookshelves and getting the baby area ready!!

Only 5 more weeks to go!! I'm well into my 3rd trimester and things are going great! I get heartburn occasionally but not every day which is nice. I'm actually doing better with sleep now then I did in the 2nd trimester. I had some pain about a month ago... it was pretty bad, but we got that resolved and I haven't had any since (we can't know what it was exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was muscle cramps in my back... I started eating more banana's and drinking more milk... taking my pre-natal vitamin more regularly, and it went away!!) I haven't gained any weight, which I'm totally stoked about! I'm down about 5 or so lbs since I saw the Dr. at 11 weeks the end of February. I haven't had to buy any maternity clothes which has been nice.... and I can actually fit into jeans that I hadn't worn in about a year which is even nicer! I feel the baby moving all the time.... and it seems like she wants to move most when I'm eating, which is rather annoying. But what something I think is cool is when I'm lying in bed (actually it can be anywhere, but i pay most attention when I'm lying in bed) and I feel this pressure (generally on my side).... I push on it a little, she pushes back and then I feel her move across my stomach. It's pretty neat.

My mom has a chicken coop!! Well, it's not completely finished yet, but my dad and marco have been working on it, and it's so sad to think that the chickens will live in there and make it all dirty.... right now it's so pretty!! It just needs a couple of things... a door, a roof, a gate, and upper netting to keep the hawks out. plus the finishing little touches here and there.... food, hay for nesting, etc.

New Blog. I moved my book reviews to another blog, it's called "Bookie". I wanted to do reviews of all the books I've read, more for my personal gain. Remember the books I've read and what I thought about them... I've started a bunch of them, but I need to finish them. So my Summer Reading Thing Reviews will be over there. I've also thought about starting a recipe blog... but we'll see.

Randomness- Other things that are going on.... I'm working on a quilt. I'm really excited about it. I'm almost 1/2 way done putting the front together... then I just have to figure out what goes on the back, assemble it, and then I get to start on the daunting task of hand quilting it. (I think I've pretty much decided to hand quilt it....) I'm currently reading "The Lovely Bones"... It's interesting, not solid thoughts as to whether I like it or not yet.... Mom and I picked up "Breaking Dawn" at Costco on Saturday (along with peaches and grapes!!) I'm pretty sure that we're going to go blueberry picking this week! It looks like today is going to be a scortcher (in washington terms that is) This week I'm going to try and make some curtains for our window... paint 2 more walls (i have to wait for the window to get in to paint the 3rd wall)... organize the baby's area more... paint fun stuff on her walls (butterfly's, dragonfly's, honeybee's... etc) Ok on that note.... I'm going to get to work so I can fund some of the things I'd like to do....

No comments: