Saturday, March 7, 2009

Seattle (Virginia Mason & Pikes Place)

Yesterday (Friday) Marco, Maria, and I joined my parents on a little excursion to Seattle. We started the day off way to early and were on the road at 5:07 am. My Dad had an appointment at Virginia Mason, so we stopped there first, and then afterward headed over to Pikes Place Market.
Marco, Maria & Mom getting ready to cross the street:
Photobucket

Some of the beautiful produce they've got there:
Photobucket

My dad and his nummy eclair:
Photobucket

Check out those lobster tails and shrimp!! They're HUGE!!

Photobucket

My mom carried Maria in the Moby so I could take pictures:

Photobucket

And when she and Maria both wanted to have a treat my dad helped... there's nothing like teamwork:
Photobucket
It was an absolutely beautiful day. It was a tad bit on the cold side (notice we're all wearing jackets), but the sun was out and shining, and we could see all the way over to the Olympic Peninsula. Here's a pic of Marco with Safeco field in the background:

Photobucket
On this little lookout thing there were a couple of totem poles. I am NO expert on Native American totem poles so I have no idea what they mean, but it lookes like one of the pole carvers was lazy and didn't finish the job... we laughed a little at that (knowing that it's not true):
Photobucket

We stopped in a little market and saw these colorful pasta.... I wonder what kind of a sauce you'd serve these with:
Photobucket
I saw these chairs and just had to take a picture. No real reason, I just thought they were pretty:
Photobucket

Another post with no pictures of me... I can't say that I'm too incredibly sorry about that.... I prefer to be on the picture taking end of things. I'll see about trying to get in at least one of the pictures next time though.

3 comments:

Rach said...

really cool shots mers! i wont lie, i am jealous and wish we could have gone with you guys.

Meredith said...

Maybe next time we head down there you guys can come up!!! It's only a 4 hour drive... you can totally do it!!

Tif said...

Those are awesome pictures! Love the ones of your mom wearing Maria! Your pictures are looking great!