Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cooper : 5 months

Dad... I will mention "breastfeeding" multiple times in this post... consider yourself warned.

This post is a little late, but only 2 weeks... where as those other posts I was meaning to do just don't exist.
For those of you who haven't heard of "momnesia", I am here to tell you that it is a very real thing.
My mom and I joke (in a sad but true kind of way) that if it's not written down, then it doesn't exist.
Not too long ago someone called me to give me some information, I did not write it down as they told me, so when I got off the phone and tried to remember what they told me I could only remember half, had to call back and get the rest of the info.... a little embarrassing.

I can hardly believe that 5 1/2 months have already passed since he arrived.  The days keep on going.  I'm wishing that things would slow down.  That I could have a dozen more hours in each day.  But time keeps on passing, school just started, and before you know it Christmas will be here.

(you can see his eye's changing from the baby blue/gray to hazel/brown)

Cooper is doing great, he's growing up so fast.  He is such a happy baby.  His laugh comes so easily.  You know those baby coo's that you hear on TV.... that's him.  He coo's and laughs just like a happy TV baby.  He's also developed a little screech which I, of course, think is adorable.  When I use a cloth to clean his hands after he gets them all in his cereal he LOVES it.  He gets all giggly.  I should really take some video of him doing these things before he outgrows them.  
(I remember Maria stretching in the most adorable way, but she doesn't do it anymore which makes me a little sad because I didn't get any video of it.)

He does have moments though when he is not the perfect little baby...
... for instance, when he is tired and wants to go to sleep (especially at night) and I want to change his diaper/clothes/swaddle him and all he wants to do is sleep....he lets me know of his displeasure. 
... or we could get into the million times a day that he wants to breastfeed.  Now you ladies with overactive mammary glands may not enjoy leaking.... but there are many, many times when I would trade what I have for overactive mammary glands.  In order to keep my milk supply up it seems like I am CONSTANTLY feeding him, and it NEVER seems to be enough.  Nighttime is the worst.  Every. Single. Hour.  I long ago succumbed to just keeping him in bed with me (even though they say not to) just so I can get an OK sleep.  

We started giving him rice cereal this past week which is helping a little.  He is actually taking multiple naps during the day that last longer than 30 minutes...  but I'm not going to get into the subject of Cooper's naps....that one is a doozy.  When we started giving him cereal he didn't want to have anything to do with it.  He would move his face away and spit everything back out.... but now, less than a week later, I can't get the spoons to him fast enough.  We tried plain rice cereal, which he thought was dis.gus.ting. and then we tried it mixed with banana... yeah he actually threw up that time.... he did ok with peaches added in, but his favorite seems to be applesauce.  

Maria is enjoys Cooper.  She calls him Coop most of the time.  If he drops a toy and starts to fuss she'll pick it up and give it back to him (He is totally A.MAZ.ING. with grabbing and holding onto things)  She wants to hold his hand.  She has to say goodnight to him every night & when she goes down for her nap.  She likes to watch him eat, but since the first time she tried his food she hasn't even attempted to eat any of it. 

So, little side note.  The other day I was trying to get some silhouette shots of Cooper & Maria so I could a variation of THIS.  Cooper was super cooperative, he didn't care that I was snapping pictures of him.  Maria on the other hand wanted to pose for me.  Here is a sampling of her pictures:

Oh silly little girl.... how I LOVE you!!!

And me... how am I doing....besides being tired, having my hair fall out, and not remembering anything.... I'm doing great... really, honestly.... things are wonderful!

No comments: