Sunday, September 19, 2010

Honduras

Yes. We are still going.
We don't have a departure date set yet.... we're still working on getting a few things accomplished.

Marco has got a few projects that he needs to wrap up.
I have a big set of plans that I need to finish drawing (super excited for these to come together).
I also have a few crafty things that I'd like to get done before we head south.
... but the major thing that we're waiting on....
We are remodeling.

Marco has a house down there. It consists of a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. Not exactly ideal for a family, but it's a start. We are adding on a bedroom & a bathroom to the back, and converting the existing bedroom into a kitchen. We hope to one day add a second floor with a couple of bedrooms and make the downstairs bedroom a guest room for when we have visitors!!

We are excited for this move to happen. I have not met Marco's family yet, so this will be a great time for us to get to know each other. I'm excited for the kids to get to know their Abuelos. We're not exactly sure how long we'll be there... probably a year or so. If we're in the country for longer than 6 months we will have to do paperwork for visas of some sort... so we might come back to avoid having to do that (and take the kids to the doctors to get their shots.... and so we can take more stuff* back down)

Here's a picture of the town where we will be.
thank you wikimedia for the image

Lepaera. It is a small town in the mountains near Copan. The population is less than 5,000. For more information on Lepaera check out wikipedia.


*for those of you who don't know, I like
stuff. It will be an interesting experience to not have all of my stuff with me.

2 comments:

JoeKatie said...

What an adventure!

Marianne said...

Wow! That is an adventure...I think you will do just fine without 'stuff' but I know what a sacrifice that will be :) And who better to help put together the remodeling but you. I love catching up on your family!