Monday, September 13, 2010

The Quilt

It's done. Finally done.

This puppy took me 2 1/2 years to complete.

I started it shortly after moving here to Washington.I cut out HUNDREDS of little blocks.
Sewed them all together & I couldn't be more pleased with the final product.
It was sent off to the quilt lady in Idaho who did a MARVELOUS job of machine quilting it for me. I was worried that she would do something that would detract from all the hard work that were put into this, but she didn't. She did a great job.

I have to thank my mom a hundred times for the little nudges that she gave me to keep me going... being my ironer & passing me the squares to get them all together. Thanks.


5 comments:

Nana & Grandpa Toyk said...

PIGS ARE FLYING iN HEAVEN!!!!!! Oma would be so very proud of you for making your beautiful quilt. (for those of you who don't know, Meredith told her Oma that she would learn how to quilt when pigs fly...they're flying now aren't they!!)

The Meagher Family said...

Wow, it's beautiful. Congrats on finishing it. I have always wanted to learn to quilt but have been afraid of the time commitment. So good for you.

JoeKatie said...

BEAUTIFUL! Wow, what a lot of work!

Lydia said...

It's great!! Beautiful work.

Amanda said...

You are amazing!!!! It is so beautiful!